There are lots of considerations when answering this important question. If Pilates is something new to you, it’s helpful to understand the purpose behind Pilates and what benefits you can expect.
Pilates was designed by Joseph Pilates in the 1920s as a method for rehabilitation. Its primary purpose was to re-establish full functionality of the body. If you imagine how a youthful athlete’s body performs, you’ll get the idea of full functionality - strong, stable, flexible, injury-free and in control. We may not all be competitive athletes, but we all want strong, flexible bodies that are pain-free. Regardless of age and ability, all Pilates practitioners can expect the following benefits:
- Improved strength
- Improved posture
- Increased flexibility
- Improved core strength
- Reduction in chronic pain
- Longer, leaner muscles
- Improved physical performance
- Injury prevention and rehabilitation
- Improved balance and body awareness
If Pilates sounds like it’s right for you, why choose REV Pilates Gym over other studios? It’s important that you’re selective when choosing the right studio as we are not all created equal, and each studio specializes in different things and has different strengths. Our studio stands out for the following reasons:
- We keep our classes small (6 or fewer) so that we can keep prices low and personal attention high. This is a critical qualifier as some studios have large numbers (12) and others are even more intimate (3). We believe 6 is the perfect number because it creates a communal environment, allows for flexible scheduling and still enables the teacher to give you individual modifications.
- We offer approximately 40 group classes per week and they are easy to understand. You don’t have to pick from a C1A or a Tier III or Power Combo 3. We name our classes simply because we know that the repertoire doesn’t have to be super fancy to be effective. Our classes are listed as Essential Reformer, Intermediate Reformer, Pilates Mat, TRX, etc. Also, rest assured that if you sign up for TRX, you won’t get a boot camp where you have to run laps in the parking lot! You’ll get exactly what you choose. A perfectly balanced, challenging and stretchy workout that works every single part of your body. Every time.
- We assess posture, diet and lifestyle so our members have a tangible way of measuring results. We offer nutrition coaching, supplementation and free reassessments so our members can stay on track with their goals.
- We hold you accountable. We are as interested in your results as you are! With personalized attendance tracking, we make sure you’re prioritizing your workouts and if you start to fall behind, you can count on us to keep you on track.
- Our members see results. If you attend your sessions and don’t see or feel results in 90 days, we will give your money back. We are so confident that our method works that we will put money on it.
- Our instructors are top-notch. Our instructors undergo hours of training every year to maintain their excellence. If you don’t love the workout with your trainer - tell us and we will add another one to your account. (Warning: The likelihood of this is extremely low!)
- We are an exclusive, members-only studio. Our members are committed to prioritizing their health and fitness goals. We offer a variety of memberships for 1:1 training and semi-private groups classes to meet your goals, schedule and budget. New members complete a private consultation to discuss goals, health history and budget before joining so we can assist you in selecting the optimal program.