event with anula was a success! Thanks to all who joined us for a magical weekend of learning.
Nov 16 & 17, 2019
Course Cost $595
Early Bird Registration $495 if register before Oct 18, 2019
- Understand the muscle imbalances and how they affect scoliosis
- Learn to recognize scoliosis and to define where the curves are occurring
- Learn why scoliosis must be resolved three-dimensionally
- Learn to use elongation as a tool for correcting in three dimensions
- Learn to manage the breathing complications of scoliosis
- Use strengthening techniques to maintain a neutral spine
- Understand the fascial components of scoliosis to aid neutral alignment
- Understand scoliosis and you understand the principles affecting all spines
- Hour 1: Mat class for kinesthetically understanding scoliosis even if you don’t have a scoliosis,
- Hour 2: History of management, current management of scoliosis, science behind exercise and management
- Hour 3: Anatomy of Scoliosis, understanding 3, 4 and C-Curve scoliosis
- Hour 4: Correcting scoliosis three-dimensionally in supine
- Hour 5: Correcting scoliosis three-dimensionally in prone and quadruped positions
- Hour 6: Correcting scoliosis three-dimensionally in seated, standing and side-lying
- Hour 7: Elongation exercises for scoliosis
- Hour 8: Breathing exercises for strengthening the neutralized alignment for scoliosis
- Hour 9-11: Three-dimensional corrections in the Pilates environment
- Hours 12-16: Strengthening exercises with 3-dimensional corrections
May 16 - 20, 2020
REV Pilates in Portugal
Each day includes 2 Pilates sessions, one in the morning and one in the afternoon, each lasting about an hour. The sessions will be a mix of mat and equipment classes, as we've secured the use of a local studio to host classes within walking distance of our hotel.
The retreat will be a mix of planned excursions and free time meant to allow you to explore the area on your own or with new friends. Highlights of the retreat include a catamaran cruise along the famous coastline with views of dramatic sea cliffs and beautiful beaches, and a hike along the stunning coastline along the Path of Dona Ana.
During free time, relax by the pool or on the beach with a good book, play tennis, get a massage, or head into Lagos town to explore local shopping and cuisine!
Unsure Where to Start?